Fast Facts About Pflugerville, Texas
Here’s what you should know about living in Pflugerville.
Population (2020): 65,191
- Austin: 30min
- Waco: 1hr 30min
- Dallas: 2hrs 45min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $44,779
- Household: $95,471
Counties: Williamson, Travis
Type of location: Sparse Suburban
Why is Pflugerville a Nice Place to Live?
Pflugerville is one of the more bustling suburbs between Austin and Round Rock. It’s been growing a lot in the last few decades. Its population doubled in the 90s and has continued to grow as part of Austin’s urban sprawl. In addition, 75% of residents in Pflugerville own their homes and the median home price is $450,901.
Living in Pflugerville, you’ll find lots of diversity and the largest black population in the Austin Area. Job prospects are good and commuting into Austin is a reasonable option. Interstate 35 runs through Pflugerville as well as part of the Texas tollway. This makes it easy to get to other parts of Texas.
What is Pflugerville Known For?
Pflugerville has a rich German heritage and the city hosts several community events and festivals every year. Lake Pflugerville, is a reservoir that was made to provide drinking water for the city. It’s also used for swimming, fishing, boating, hiking, biking, and annual events.
If you want to escape the summer heat, check out Typhoon Texas Water Park and cool off. You can also check out lots of food, shopping, and just a short drive to everything Austin has to offer. You’ll also love the historic downtown because the city has been working to improve and preserve it.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Pflugerville?
There are also a lot of good places to eat in Pflugerville. Here are some restaurants to check out with the highest-rated Google reviews:
- FD’s Grill House is a family-owned bar and grill known for quality seafood prepared a variety of ways, plus ribs, chicken, and steaks
- Taste of Ethiopia serves traditional Ethiopian cuisine, family-style in woven baskets, plus a vegetarian lunch buffet
- Springhill Restaurant has fried catfish and chicken-fried that everyone loves with daily specials you don’t want to miss
- Pita Shack is Middle Eastern counter-served fare that whips up customizable plates of classic falafel, hummus, and shish kebabs
- El Rincon Mexican Restaurant has standard Mexican fare with margaritas prepared in a casual cantina, live music, and an outdoor patio