Fast Facts About Leander, Texas
Here’s what you should know about living in Leander.
Population (2020): 60,613
- Austin: 30min
- Waco: 1hr 30min
- Dallas: 2hrs 45min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $45,358
- Household: $106,108
Counties: Williamson, Travis
Type of location: Suburb of Austin
Why is Living in Leander Nice?
Leander is a suburb just north of Ausin. It’s been one of the most quickly growing cities in the Austin metropolitan area in the last few years. 75% of residents in Leander own their homes and the median home price is $292,000.
Living in Leander gives you a relaxed pace of life in Texas Hill Country, but it’s still close to Austin. Crime is low, diversity is high, and the schools are good. Job prospects are also much better than other, more rural parts of Texas. If you really want to get a great job, commuting to Austin is not out of the question.
What is Leander Known For?
The town’s history goes back to the 1800s when it was named in honor of Leander “Catfish” Brown. He was a railroad official who helped complete the railroad line. For years, it was a small, rural, Texas town.
Today, it’s part of the urban sprawl of Austin. As a bedroom community, traffic has increased, but it’s no worse than Austin proper. If you want to get out of the heart of Austin but still enjoy its culture and amenities, Leander is a great option.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Leander?
There are a lot of good places to eat in Leander. Here are some restaurants to check out with the highest-rated Google reviews:
- Bella Sera is a family-owned and operated Italian restaurant. Get pasta, cannolis, bruschette, and make sure to try the shrimp scampi
- Mouton’s Southern Bistro is a Cajun-Creole restaurant with a location in Leander and one in Cedar Park. Get po boys, grits, and all kinds of New Orleans specialties
- La Tapatia Mexican Restaurant and Bar is a family-owned restaurant that serves both traditional and Tex Mex cuisine
- Sharks Burger has two locations in Leander and serves burgers with only the best ingredients. Check out the Great White Cheddar Bacon Burger
- Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria serves authentic East Coast style pizza in a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere