Fast Facts About Round Rock, Texas
Here’s what you should know about living in Round Rock.
Population (2020): 120,000
- Austin: 20min
- Waco: 1hr 20min
- Dallas: 2hrs 45min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $39,743
- Household: $86,121
Counties: Williamson, Travis
Type of location: Sparse Suburban
Why is Round Rock a Nice Place to Live?
Round Rock is a suburb north of Austin in Texas Hill Country. It’s won awards for best and most livable places, along with being one of the best managed and safest cities. Job opportunities are good with big employers like Dell, Amazon, and several large medical facilities.
Property taxes in Round Rock are some of the lowest in the region. The schools are some of the best in the state and cost of living is 11% lower than in Austin. Round Rock’s downtown is pretty walkable with some good nightlife. It has been a priority of the city for long enough to make it fun and interesting.
What is Round Rock Known For?
Round Rock’s biggest claim to fame is being the international headquarters for Dell, which employs about 16,000 people. It used to be known solely as a bedroom community of Austin, but now it’s gaining its own reputation.
It’s a rich part of Texas history and a strong part of its future, just east of I-35. As urban areas of Texas spread out, Round Rock is a target for more growth in the future. If you’re thinking of living in Round Rock, now is a good time to buy property.
What Are the Best Restaurants?
There are a lot of good places to eat in Round Rock. Here are some restaurants to check out with the highest-rated Google reviews:
- Round Rock Donuts is a must-visit place if you love donuts. It’s been a local favorite since 1926 and stays busy serving up yellow-orange deliciousness
- Jack Allen’s Kitchen is a lively restaurant & bar for upscale Southwestern cuisine. It provides all of Central Texas with fresh, locally sourced food
- Y’all’s Cafe serves real down south Southern food similar to the quality that your grandma would make in her humble kitchen
- Gino’s Italian Restaurant and Pizza is a family-run spot with Italian standards like pasta, pizza, and subs in a casual atmosphere
- Slapbox Round Rock has pizza, wings, and subs that can fill any craving. Try delicious La Jolla, Haight & Ashbury, or Monte Sereno pizzas