Fast Facts About Copperas Cove
Population (2010): 32,032
- Austin, TX: 1 hr 30min
- San Antonio, TX: 2hrs 30 min
- Waco, TX: 1hr 15min
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $31,114
- Household: $53,640
Counties: Coryell, Lampasas, Bell
Type of location: Rural and suburban
Why is Copperas Cove a Nice Place to Live?
The city of Copperas Cove (or simply “Cove” as the locals say), is just west of the Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood area. It sits between five hills in Central Texas and offers a peaceful, somewhat rural location.
There are attractive, luxurious, and comfortable neighborhoods and homes for sale overlooking the hills and golf course. But there are also rural options with land, close to nature, and country living. Wild turkeys, deer, armadillos, roadrunners, and other Texas wildlife are all around.
The cost of living in Copperas Cove is 61.8% better overall than in Austin. Housing is 253% more in Austin and transportation is also nearly 30% more. The unemployment rate in Cove is low at 7.2% and job prospects are growing. The economy is stable and the school districts are better than average with good graduation rates.
It’s a quiet town with a relaxing atmosphere and offers a place to escape from giant, urban cities.
What is Copperas Cove Known For?
Copperas Cove is known as “A City Built For Family Living!” It offers a beautiful 18-hole golf course with a clubhouse and seven community parks. Its history is long, stretching back to the 1800s when it began growing as a town along the Chisholm Trail.
The city is a part of the Cen-Tex Sustainable Communities Partnership which aims to improve the quality of life for its communities through sustainability in Central Texas. It’s also near the military town of Fort Hood, making it a place to find veterans and active service members.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Copperas Cove?
Since it’s a small town, you may want to head over to Killeen for more options, but there are some local eateries worth a try.
Try these Copperas Cove restaurants:
- San Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant offers classic staples of Tex Mex and is a favorite for many of the locals
- Giovanni’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria will get you your Italian food fix with the added benefit of a friendly and welcoming staff
- Thai Kitchen is where you want to go to find your favorite Asian dishes like noodles, curries, and fried rice
- Something In Between is a breakfast and brunch place with Big Tex Breakfast plate, pancakes, french toast, and everything else breakfast